Eat Cancer Fighting Foods
More than a third of all cancers could be prevented by changes in diet. By eating cancer fighting foods and do regular exercise. One of the most important things you can do to cut your risk is lose excess weight. One of the best ways to lose weight is through a filling,of cancer fighting fiber-rich diet. Also including plenty of fruits and vegetables.
Eat Variety of Fruits And Vegetables
Losing weight is not the only reason the National Cancer Institute recently approved the dietary guidance: Diets rich in fruits and vegetables cut the risk of some types of cancer and other chronic diseases. Packed with antioxidants and other compounds to protect your DNA and fight free radical damage.
Since these substances work synergistically, it is best to eat a variety of fruits and vegetables. Not relying on one particular produce item to fight against disease. Recent studies have uncovered specific benefits in the following recommended cancer fighting foods as a part of any healthy diet.
List Of Cancer Fighting Foods
1. Tomatoes: Lycopene, also found in watermelon and pink grapefruit, was linked to lower risk of prostate, ovarian and cervical cancer. It also targets the free radical that is implicated in lung and digestive cancers.
2. Broccoli sprouts: One forkful triggers a cascade of antioxidant activity that lasts for days.
3. Berries: Blueberries, cranberries, cherries, raspberries, strawberries, grapes – all rich in anthocyanins that repair and protect DNA.
4. Soybeans: Isoflavones such as genistein may help prevent and treat prostate cancer and may cut breast cancer risk
5. Tea: Both black and green contain powerful compounds shown in countless studies to lower the risk of several types of cancer.
6. Pumpkin: This unsung super-food is a super-rich source of both beta-carotene and alpha-carotene. Two hard-working carotenoids that combat lung and ovarian cancer.
7. Spinach: Popeye’s favorite help ward off cancers of the liver, ovaries, colon and prostate. The active antioxidant lutein is also found in kale and other leafy greens.
8. Garlic: Allium veggies (which also include onions and scallions) work to get your body’s own antioxidant defense systems in gear. This process provides protective benefits against stomach, esophageal and breast cancers.
9. Pineapple: The enzyme bromelain inhibit the growth of malignant cells in both lung and breast cancer., While the phenolic compounds also give a protective benefit.
10. Apples: Can one a day help keep cancer at bay? Studies show quercetin may cut the risk of lung cancer and impede growth of prostate cancer cells. Other antioxidants together with pectin help halt colon and liver cancer cell replication.
For more information on cancer fighting foods, click here.